Dr. B.T. Cooper United Methodist Academy works directly with the children by educating them with the aim of having graduates who will be healthy physically and emotionally, helping them to pursue and gain employment in the field of their choice.
The school also aims at providing the children with a balanced diet through a feeding program that not only focuses on education but also the physical growth of the child. This program has worked well in the Kayole-Soweto slums as many children were having only one meal a day, now have access to three meals a day, (although there are many challenges of sustainability of the program).
On the spiritual side the school aims at (communicating the love of Christ/producing God fearing children) by teaching the word of God.
Religious education is one of the subjects taught in the Kenya education curriculum and in this we teach children the word of God in all the classes from preschool to our highest class eight. We also have pastoral program instruction every Friday during which children are put into age groups and given the opportunity sing and read the bible.
Every morning in assembly we choose at least four children to lead in devotions, singing, reading scripture and prayer.
- To provide quality education to the residents of Kayole-Soweto Slums
from pre-school upwards.
- To facilitate pupils who have excelled to join secondary and post secondary and/or vocational school education allowing them to
further their education.
- To provide high quality formal education to the orphans and vulnerable children of the residents of Kayole-Soweto Slums.
- To produce god fearing and responsible citizens that can serve in different spheres of life.
Our core values
- Quality services
- Accountability and transparency
- Community development.